Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Damage control.

So I realize I've been M.I.A for awhile. There's a lot of things that has happened since I last posted. I am extremely happy though since last weekend, I FINALLY got the chance to go thrift store shopping. I went to the Salvation Army that literally located 5 minutes outside my house and I LOVED IT. The experience is amazing! I think at first, I was very skeptical, thinking I wasn't going to find anything and that only people who can design/make their own clothes would ever go to places like this. I took a chance and decided it was worth a look.

I came out of there in about 2 hours with 11 different things for like 50$. Does that say enough? Here are my my absolute favourite pieces. I am still contemplating on whether or not to adjust the skirt. I also bought this AMAZING RETRO (very 60s) floral jacket. Have you ever seen Grease? You remember the bowling zip-up the Pink Ladies had? It's basically like that but with this crazy floral pattern. It's currently in the wash but will post picture once it's up. I LOVE it cause it's definitely one of kind.

Alfred Sung Skirt - $ 5


Two Chanel clutch and shiny clutch - $18
Right back at you wild tortoise:

Random facts/habits:

1. I haven't exercised in like 2 months...
2. I will hide in a room with no windows if lightning/thunder happens.
3. I love eating just as much as I love shopping. I cannot live without either.
4. I'm suppose to be graduating next year but I'm not. VICTORY LAP!
5. I am pretty much done with clubbing. I'd much rather hang out at a patio/bar and dress down.
6. I've listened to the Hairspray Soundtrack more than 10 times.
7. I worked on a cruise ship as a youth counselor: we played with kids and traveled for free.
8. I miss my long hair.

Tagged: David, Arthur, Dexter, Patty, Poulad and Adi :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

you definitely found way better purses than i did. this is making me want to go again!

I V Y said...

wow you found a Chanel bag at the salvos? is it real?